Venzon Law Firm PC
Call for Honest Answers
716-262-8282 or 800-583-6960

Transferring Marital Property to Children without Consent

Today I have been on trial all day on an interesting legal issue regarding marital property. Can a spouse claim that without their consent the other spouse has transferred thousands of dollars of marital assets to the parties' children?

In order to answer this question the timing of the transfer must be considered. Unless that person can prove that the assets were transferred in contemplation of a matrimonial action and recent to the cause of action they will not be successful with this claim. The intent of the parties at the time it happened is paramount to deciding this issue. A spouse cannot claim that they allowed transfers to occur for years and then change their mind when there is a divorce.

get Legal Help Now

Contact Us for Honest Advice

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Venzon Law Firm PC
300 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14202

Toll Free: 800-583-6960
Phone: 716-262-8282
Fax: 716-854-0294
Buffalo Law Office Map

Google Map