Catharine Venzon is the founder and senior partner of Venzon Law Firm PC, established in 1984. She is an experienced trial lawyer and seasoned negotiator. Catharine is a court-certified attorney for representation of children.
Catharine has been actively involved in the Girl Scouts of Western New York. She was Co-Chair of the Women of Distinction Program and Event Committee from 2008-2011. This event is where nine exceptional Western New York women are honored for their strength of character, dedicated community service and commitment to mentoring and encouraging girls. This event is a National Girl Scouts of the USA program that recognizes the achievements of women, and provides mentoring opportunities and programs for girls ages 5-17. The goals of the event are to provide leadership experiences for older girls with positive role models, increase awareness of Girl Scouting through community and media recognition, and increase net revenue to Girl Scouts of Western New York through ticket sales and corporate sponsorships.
She was also involved in the Girl Scouts of Buffalo and Erie County from August 2000-October 2010. She served as a troop leader for girls from Junior to Senior who participated in international travel experiences and public service "To build girls of courage, confidence and character," including travel to Girl Scout Centre in London, England; Paris, France; New York City and Canada. The troop members received both the Bronze and Silver Awards – the highest awards for that troop level.
Catharine is a Niagara Falls, Ontario, native and proud Canadian. She is a Third-Degree Black Belt – Sandan in Isshinryu Karate and a First-Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo. When she’s not practicing law, Catharine is also an amateur cake decorator, founding member of Title and Authors Book Club (2006-present) and enjoys sewing.
- Matrimonial & Family Law
- Modification and Enforcement Proceedings
- Child Support
- Maintenance Agreements
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Court Certified Attorney for Children
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County (BAEC)
- Assigned Counsel Program Erie County Bar Association Aid to Indigent Prisoners Society, Inc.
- Fourth Department Attorneys for Children, Member
- Girl Scouts of Western New York, Committee Member
- Girl Scouts - Women of Distinction Program and Event Committee Co-Chair, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- Girl Scouts of Buffalo and Erie County, Leader, 2000 to 2010
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1985
- District of Columbia, 1986
- 10 Best Female Attorneys 2016, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Selected to New York Super Lawyers List, 2015-2016
- President Western New York Matrimonial Trial Lawyers Association (2003-Present) *First woman elected
- Received 2007 Women of Distinction Award from Girl Scouts of Buffalo & Erie County
- Received 2003 Outstanding Leader of the Year Award from Girl Scouts USA and was one of twelve women chosen nationally to receive "Outstanding Leader" and featured in the National Girl Scout Calendar